The OMAP Storage domain is about all storage technologies in OMAP - MMC/eMMC/SD/SDIO/NAND/NOR
Please refer OMAP4_Upstream_Patch_Status_and_Plan for other domains.
Kernel 3.2 merge window plans
- Enable AutoCMD12 support for OMAP HSMMC
- Various minor code cleanups (loops-per-jiffies removal etc) in omap hsmmc.
Kernel 3.3 merge window plans
- eMMC 4.41 - High Priority Interrupt feature
- Controller driver updates for SD3.0 specifications  compliance
Completed development and available upstream
- MMC HWMOD
- This is available in 2.6.39 and above
- MMC dynamic power management (runtime PM)
- There have been various proposals from MMC core stack developers in linux-mmc mailing list
- OMAP HSMMC runtime PM adaptations are merged in 3.1-rc1 merge window
- nand prefetch-irq support and ecc layout chanage
- This has been posted out and would be available in the 2.6.39 merge cycle
- nand bch error correction support
- This has been posted out and some comments have been received.
- Controller driver for MMC ADMA
- Initial versions were posted in Jan 2011. A proposal has been made to adopt the ADMA to the generic DMA engine API
- This feature is deferred till OMAP DMA driver is adapted to DMA Engine API
- Mux framework adaptations
- It is required to adapt the MMC pad configurations to the new MUX framework, to reduce the dependency on bootloader based configurations
- This has not been implemented yet.