|How to get started with Android OS using pre-built binaries on your OMAP Platform|
|Overview||Step 1||Step 2||Step 3||Step 4||Step 5||Step 6|
- Step 3
This section provides instructions with flashing Android OS to eMMC/SD card, and booting the system.
You will need at least a bootloader (u-boot.bin and MLO), kernel (uImage) and an Android file system to flash Android.
- For details on how to build your own binaries, check the "Getting Started" page in the main page.
- Alternatively, you can use pre-built binaries from "Using Prebuilt Binaries" at the main page to continue.
 Flashing Android
There are several flashing methods such as to SD, NAND and NFS
 Flashing to SD
Prior to proceeding with these steps, review how to setup and format a SD card under Omap Platform Support Tools. This will provide instructions on creating the two (or three) partitions needed to copy the files (At least two partitions are needed. One, 'boot' which holds the MLO, u-boot.bin and uImage, and the other 'rootfs' which holds the file system.)
If you are using prebuilt binaries, copy the binaries (u-boot.bin, MLO and uImage) directly to the boot partition.
- Copying Bootloader (uboot.bin, MLO) and kernel to SD Card into boot partition
$ sudo cp -rf <location_of_uboot.bin_file> /tmp/mmc1 $ sudo cp -rf <location_of_MLO_file> /tmp/mmc1 $ sudo cp -rf <location_of_uImage_file> /tmp/mmc1
If you are using prebuilt binaries, extract the filesystem archive directly to the secondary partition and set permissions.
- Copying Android Filesystem to the SD card into the secondary partition
$ sudo cp –Rfp ~/myfs/* /tmp/mmc2 $ sudo chmod –R 777 /tmp/mmc2/*
- Once the Android Filesystem and the Bootloader are copied, remove and reinsert the card back into card reader and you should see two new media devices,
/media/boot and /media/disk
- Now remove the card safely from the card reader
$ sudo umount /media/boot $ sudo umount /media/disk
 Flashing to eMMC/SD Card using Fastboot
 Other ways to flash Android
Refer to Omap Platform Support Tools for more ways to flash a zoom2.