Configure Android Device to Test Enterprise Security
NOTE: Ensure that a valid certificate is provided to you from the administrator in pkcs12 format. Rename the certificate from anyname.pfx to anyname.p12. For example, client.p12 . Place it in root of SD card (1st Partition). or you can place the certificate in a web server, download and install the same.
 Install Client Certificate on Android Device
To install the certificate on OMAP4 Blaze platform,
- Goto Settings -> Location & Security -> Use secure credentials
Type credential storage password minimum 8 characters. For example, abcdefghi.
- Goto Settings -> Location & Security -> Install from SD card
Click on client.p12 and give the following credentials.
- Enter the password to extract the certificates when prompted Here we have client
Enter the key provided by administrator when asked for Importing key.
- Enter <any name> for Name the certificate. For example, client, which will be shown in the drop down menu of certificate later.
- Enter credential storage password that you have set. abcdefghi
You should see that certificate installed message is displayed.
Congratulation! You have installled the client certificate on the Android device. Next, we are going to configure the device to have EAP-TLS Authentication.
 Testing the EAP-TLS on Android Device
- Goto Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> WiFi Settings
- You must see the Access Point (AP), linksys_n, that you have configured in Enterprise security mode.
- Click on AP that is secured with 802.1x EAP and give the following credentials.
- Drop down the menu to choose EAP Type. Here we set the EAP type to be TLS for EAP-TLS.
- Phase 2 authentication: None
- CA certificate: (unspecified)
- Client certificate: client (Name of certificate that you have installed).
- Identity: firstname.lastname@example.org (Provide as given by adminstrator in Radius server)
- Anonymous: Identity blank
- Wireless password: Radius01 (Provide as given by adminstrator in Radius server).
- Then, there is pop up window asking for entering credential storage password. Use the one you set under Settings -> Location & Security -> Use secure credentials ( abcdefghi )
- Click on Connect, then the status become connecting
- You should see that it acquires IP address from that linksys_n wirless router then gets connected.
- Finally you get the IP addresss for Android device from DHCP server as shown in the following,