Zoom MCP Angstrom Connectivity
(Created page with "==== WLAN on Zoom 36x ==== '''WLAN build based on community release L23.i3.3''' [https://gforge.ti.com/gf/project/wilink_drivers/frs L23.i3.3 WLAN firmware package] is availab...")
|Line 82:||Line 82:|
Revision as of 20:07, 15 April 2011
WLAN on Zoom 36x
WLAN build based on community release L23.i3.3
L23.i3.3 WLAN firmware package is available through L23.i3.3 community release.
Download, Untar and click Install. This should provide the firmware file, Fw1273_CHIP.bin
* Copy Fw1273_CHIP.bin to $WLAN_ROOT/fw/Latest/
1. Clone the WLAN source from the link git://dev.omapzoom.org/pub/scm/vijay/wlan.git;protocol=git;branch=master
2. Copy firmware (Fw1273_CHIP.bin) to $WLAN_ROOT/platforms/os/linux.
3. cd $WLAN_ROOT/platforms/os/linux.
4. Setup the environment
* export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- * export ARCH=arm * export HOST_PLATFORM=zoom3 * export KERNEL_DIR=$KERNEL_ROOT
5. make BUILD_SUPPL=n
6. The built packages are tarred as zoom3Binaries.tar containing the following binaries
* sdio.ko * tiwlan_drv.ko * wlan_cu * tiwlan_loader * tiwlan.ini
7. Create a "wlan" folder in the root of the Angstrom filesystem and copy the files listed above
8. To load WLAN drivers at startup...
Install WLAN script (to be added) into etc/init.d/wlan and create the soft links as shown below
e.g. sudo ln -s ../init.d/wlan K29Wlan
In etc/rc0.d directory create soft link K29Wlan pointing to ../init.d/wlan
In etc/rc1.d also same as above
In etc/rc2.d directory create soft link S29Wlan pointing to ../init.d/wlan
In etc/rc3.d same as above
In etc/rc5.d directory create soft link S29Wlan pointing to ../init.d/wlan
In etc/rc6.d directory create soft link K29Wlan pointing to ../init.d/wlan
System boot ups with WLAN drivers installed
9. Test WLAN
By default, it is not connected to a wireless network. Wlan_Supplicant needs to be verified.
Start the WLAN-TI CLI to scan and connect to an AP
Once Angstrom loads and logged in as 'root', execute /wlan/wlan_cu to scan the available wireless networks.
- ./wlan_cu -b - / a s --> scan for the AP's in the vicinity - / c b --> List the AP's scanned thus far - c "name_of_AP" --> connect to one of the AP's listed above; e.g. c "WAC"
- ifdown tiwlan0
- ifup tiwlan0
This will enable TI WLAN and select ifupdown(wlan0) in the Network Manager Applet in the Angstrom UI. The wireless connection will be established.
Internet can be accessed via any exlorer, Midori or Firefox.
* ifconfig --> see all connections * ifdown <interface> --> turns off network driver * ifup <interface> -->turns on network drivers * e.g. interface=eth0, interface=tiwlan0