Pandroid Froyo L27.8.2 Release Notes
The tar file contains 2 folders, 'boot' and 'afs'
- Boot folder contains the boot loader (MLO and u-boot.bin) and also kernel (uImage) binaries
- Kernel has support for GFX, WLAN, BT, Ethernet etc.
- Afs folder is the Android Froyo file system
- Android Froyo 2.2
- External monitor via HDMI
- USB Keyboard
- USB Mouse with mouse cursor and buttons
- GFX Acceleration
Additional features validated:
- JPEG Decode - Image Rotate, Crop, Zoom
- Bluetooth file transfer
- The issue with the screen mapping being off in the launcher page has been fixed
- GFX Hardware acceleration must be present to bring up Android UI as the software side seems to be broken. Please copy the TI GFX package contents.
- When you Zoom a JPEG image, the functionality works, but image looks blurred
- AFS is a debug filesystem so that users can debug as they enable new features
- The new release eliminates some unwanted debug statements that makes the log more readable
- The kernel binary file in the release package has GFX enabled
- The GFX libraries can be downloaded from https://gforge.ti.com/gf/project/omapgraphics/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=181
- Copy the GFX libraries from the above ref release package to the android file system as follows:
sudo cp data/app/* /media/afs/data/app sudo cp system/bin/* /media/afs/system/bin sudo cp system/lib/egl/* /media/afs/system/lib/egl sudo cp system/lib/hw/* /media/afs/system/lib/hw sudo cp system/lib/lib* /media/afs/system/lib
- Connectivity (WLAN and BT)
- Kernel binary available in the package has BT and WLAN enabled
- Conenctivity driver modules to enable WLAN and BT on Pandroid are included in the file system
- st_drv.ko and bt_drv.ko files are in the root of 'afs'
- tiwlan_drv.ko is available in system/etc/wifi folder
In addition to the binaries, firmware and init scripts are needed to enable the features. These can be obtained from the connectivity release package available at https://gforge.ti.com/gf/project/wilink_drivers/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=179
- Copy TIInit_7.2.31.bts (BT init script for WL127x) from the above ref release package to system/etc/firmware folder of the file system (firmware folder needs to be created)
- Copy firmware.bin from the above ref release package to system/etc/wifi folder of the file system
setenv bootargs 'console=ttyO2,115200n8 mem=463M root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootdelay=2 init=/init vram="32M" omapfb.vram="0:24M"'
mmcinit 0;fatload mmc 0 0x80000000 uimage; bootm 80000000
For instructions on how to build connectivity modules and GFX and test them, visit