PandaBoard Ubuntu Pre-built Binaries Guide
If you are new to Ubuntu itself, a good place to get started and to learn more about Ubuntu is at Ubuntu Home Page. Explore all the links on the page in order to understand what Ubuntu is and what it means on the embedded platforms.
Now that you know what Ubuntu is all about, let's get started with installing an actual Ubuntu distribution on your OMAP platform device.
To continue, you will need to have your OMAP Platform device and a host PC with a Linux based Operating System installed.
Using Pre-Built Binaries
- Download Pre-built Ubuntu binaries - First get the Ubuntu binaries
- SD Configuration - Configure a SD Card
- Copy binaries to SD Card - Copy the downloaded binaries to the SD Card
- Platform Configuration - Hookup the OMAP platform you have
- Setup a serial terminal - Boot up Ubuntu and configure a terminal to view output
That's it! If you still have any issues/questions/concerns/suggestions refer to the "Resources" section on the main page.