PandaBoard Prebuilt Ubuntu binaries
|IMPORTANT NOTICE: The instructions given here are basically a more verbose version of the installation instructions found at the Ubuntu ARM and especially Ubuntu ARM/OMAP pages. In case of deviations, the instructions there should be given precedence because they are generally more up-to-date.|
|How to get started with Ubuntu using pre-built binaries on your OMAP Platform|
|Overview||Step 1||Step 2||Step 3||Step 4||Step 5||Step 6||Step 7||Step 8|
- Step 1
Prebuilt binaries for Desktop and Server images
Download the pre-built binaries of Ubuntu for PandaBoard. For the latest & greatest you can download the daily build environment.
Time to Download: 20mins-1hour (depending on your network speed)
Download release images
- Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin desktop
- Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin server
- Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot desktop
- Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot server
- Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwal Netbook
- Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwal Headless
- Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat
- Ubuntu daily images for desktop are available at: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-preinstalled/current/
- Ubuntu daily images for server are available at: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-server/daily-preinstalled/
- The daily builds may be considered unstable. Users looking to boot and test a working environment are encourage to use the links listed in the table.
What is Ubuntu Core ?
Ubuntu Core is a minimal rootfs for use in the creation of custom images for specific needs. Ubuntu Core strives to create a suitable minimal environment for use in Board Support Packages, constrained or integrated environments, or as the basis for application demonstration images.
Ubuntu Core delivers a functional user-space environment, with full support for installation of additional software from the Ubuntu repositories, through the use of the apt-get command.
Ubutun Core images are compatible with the use of TI OMAP PPA and adds-on.
For more information, please read Ubutun core wiki.
Download Ubuntu core
Ubuntu core was introduced in 11.10.
Daily Ubuntu Core images are available here: 
Setting up Ubuntu Core on OMAP
Please refer to OMAP Ubuntu Core for additional information on how to use Ubuntu Core on PandaBoard or any other OMAP boards.
Download the Prebuilt binaries
Download one of the pre-built binaries for Ubuntu. For the latest the greatest download the daily build environment.
Time to Download: 15-20mins
|PandaBoard||TI Naming||Ubuntu Version||Maturity||Notes||Downloads|
|PandaBoard ES2.0/ES2.1||L24.9 Maverick Meerkat||Ubuntu-Netbook 10.10||Maverick Release||Know Issues||filesystem|
|PandaBoard ES1.0||L24.9 Maverick Meerkat||Ubuntu-Netbook 10.10||Beta||Know Issues||filesystem|
Daily Builds Ubuntu daily images are available at: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-netbook/ports/daily-live/current/
- The daily builds are not tested and may be considered unstable. Users looking to boot and test a working environment are encourage to use the links listed in the table.