What is PandaBoard ?
- PandaBoard is the low-cost, open OMAP4 processor-based mobile software development platform. PandaBoard is supported by a dedicated community at Pandaboard.org. PandaBoard will be sold via distribution channels.
What is the PandaBoard Early Adopter Program (PEAP) ?
- PEAP is the fastest way you can get access to a PandaBoard. It is intended to build a range of opensource community projects before the boards ship out to general public.
Who can participate?
- It's open to all.
What is the selection Criteria?
- A group of Community members will be identified as Judges to review the proposals. The judges will then determine which projects will become part of the PEAP. Selection criterial may include:
- * Project's coolness factor
- * Ability of the submitter to execute the project based on his/her background
- * Perceived community need for the project's solution
- * Potential for the project to leverage the power of OMAP4 technology & features of PandaBoard platform
What to do if your project is selected:
- You will be contacted and asked to provide shipping address details.
- Visit pandaboard.org and register the project details.
- Start developing the project! The PandaBoard is now yours to keep...
- About 2 months down the road, you'll receive a survey asking for feedback on your PEAP status, challenges of the project and anythign else you might feel is useful for the community to know and learn. The summary of your survey feedback will be made available (and kept anonymous) to the wider PandaBoard community.
Should the solution be open?
- Yes, we require you to publish your work in public domain using any OSI approved license.
Great, what are the timelines?
- PEAP will run in 2 Phases.
- Phase 1:
- Last date to submit proposals: Oct 9, 2010
- Judges select TOP 5 projects: Oct 11, 2010
- Boards ship to winning project proposals: Oct 12-15, 2010
- Phase 2:
- Last date to submit proposal: Oct 22, 2010
- Judges select TOP 10 projects: Oct 25, 2010
- Boards ship to winning project proposals: Oct 26-29, 2010
What if my proposal is not selected in Phase I should I resubmit it?
- No need to resubmit. Projects not selected in Phase I will automatically be considered during Phase II.
Submit your project ideas here: PEAP Projects Page
Still need more information?
- Submit your questions and concerns to email@example.com. We will try to answer any and all questions within 48-hours.