Display driver enhancement topics
Revision as of 06:20, 7 March 2011 by Nskamat
- Configurability: Add ability to handle multiple paths between overlays/managers/panels
- Scalability: Make it easier to add new overlays / managers in DSS
- Add writeback support
- FB - V4L2 inter-operability
- Support access to HDMI via both Audio and Video devices
- Add ability to switch channel-out of overlays per-frame, such that e.g. one iteration goes to writeback pipeline, next iteration to manager and so on.
- HDMI: Add standard way of HPD / user-space notification mechanism.
- Power management: current design is that if any one panel is enabled, some minimum clocks are used. If the panel is a smart panel, we can cut the clocks, but this is not supported currently.
- Support DRM
- Support MCF